“You can say it’s because of a global shift in consciousness, a destiny we have arrived at due to spiritual evolution, or the outcome of strange times, but, many people all across the globe are going through intense personal changes and sensing an expansion of consciousness. Personal changes of this magnitude can be difficult to recognize and to understand” Christina Sarich
Art by Kathleen Farago
Yes, … “difficult to recognize and understand.” I saw this image and blurb on my Facebook page this morning, and since it definitely applies to what I’ve been recently writing; how we’re all going through this shake up and revamp now—just in our own ways, I thought I’d share it here with you.
Changes are happening all around us now and to us. We are evolving. We are adapting. We are shifting higher in consciousness, and it’s not an easy process, by any sense of the word.
But it is a necessary one.
For myself, I find that one of the hardest things to do daily is to hold my own center—to stay focused on my highest intentions to be at peace and stay there. I’m not always successful in doing that, but I make it my daily intention every morning.
So how can we stay at peace when the world around us is so chaotic?
Here are a few suggestions to help you find that safe-haven of inner calmness and serenity:
- Reduce or eliminate external sources of havoc and turmoil from your environment. That does not mean hiring a hit on your neighbor for his racket with cars, lawn mowers, leaf blowers, weed whackers, etc.. (Try a good set of headphones—they work wonders.) It means control what you CAN control: television, radio, who you hang with, who you talk to, where you go, what you do, …those types of things that are determined daily by YOU. You have control of those things.
- Get out in nature more. Take nature walks, sit on the Earth and meditate, enjoy the beautiful weather while it is still beautiful. Listen to the birds singing, and wind moving through the leaves in the trees above your head. Take a canoe or kayak onto a lake and just let the gentle ripples rock you like a mother rocks a newborn baby, so gently and lovingly. Feel held by the water or the earth. Feel more a part OF your environment—rather than apart from it.
- Develop an early morning meditation ritual. Set a regular time daily to simply get quiet inside. Be the peace you wish to see and feel in the world.
- Find physical outlets for your energy. Try walking or running, attend gyms or workout groups, but if your focus is on feeling more at peace within yourself, you might find that more isolated activities, where you aren’t sharing/balancing the energies of others in the process, makes it easier to hold your own center.
- Develop an ‘attitude of gratitude.’ A few years back, a lady popularized keeping a daily gratitude journal of all the things that she was grateful for in her life; and she found that in doing so, her entire perspective shifted from one of dread to joy. JOY is GOOD! Joy brings a sense of contentment and peace. We all need more joy in our lives.
Change is change. It just is. We are changing. Don’t let yourself be the end result of someone else’s anger or unhappiness.
BE the peace that you wish to see in the world. Hold your center frequency high, and stay there.